Search engine traffic is becoming more and more trivial every day. Figuring out the secret equation is harder than before. For those of you that rely solely on search engine traffic you will soon be dissapointed with the results. With so many new sites popping up each day you will need to find other means of getting your site noticed.
Make sure you still submit your site to the major search engines, and also include these traffic building tools into your marketing efforts.
- Put your url (domain name) on all print material you use for your business like business cards.
- Exchange links with other sites that complement your content or products (Remember link popularity helps your search engine rankings when you link to other quality sites).
- Pop under advertising has grown a lot in popularity and effectiveness.
- Find guides and directories related to your site that you can submit to.
- Networking is still one of the oldest tricks in the book. There are a ton of organizations that provide networking gatherings that you can attend and share your business ideas with others. You may even learn a trick or two yourself.
- Ask your current clients for referrals. If they are happy with your work or products they will surely pass along a kind word about them.
- Write helpful articles about your subject that you can submit to content websites, e-zines and other similar resources. Almost all of them will allow a byline about the author that you can include your web address.
Do everything you can to gain the highest possible ranking in the major search engines, and remember these other helpful tips. Do not limit yourself or your business in your effort to make more money.